Official GIGABYTE Forum

Help with mi gigabyte and fx 8350 turbo core

Help with mi gigabyte and fx 8350 turbo core
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
A user group Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev.1.0're having problems with the fx turbo core 8350, since it does not work, either correctly assign the base frequency of the processor, rather than putting it to 4 ghz puts 4127 ghz at full load, and never reaches the 4226 mhz since no turbo core enabled, the multiplier for some reason instead of staying in 20 stays at 20.5x, even though in the bios setee at 20x, which if note is that if I disable the APM (Application magnament power) from the processor bios if you work at the right speed, namely the 4000 GHz, but the turbo core still does not work like I was disabled from the BIOS. I wonder if there is any solution to this problem, if possible they are working on this problem or a BIOS that fixes this flaw.
Sorry for my English.
From already thank you very much.
Atte. Castellano, Carlos Alberto.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Help with mi gigabyte and fx 8350 turbo core
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:02:55 am »
Hi there,

sorry but I am a little unsure about the cause of your problem here and the only thing I can think of is that the BIOS is at fault.

Which BIOS version are you running?

If it is the latest F9 for your motherboard then I would recommend getting in touch with Gigabyte Tecnical support here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=Argentina&SourceWeb=B2C as they should be in a position to help you better.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:50:02 pm »
Hi there,

sorry but I am a little unsure about the cause of your problem here and the only thing I can think of is that the BIOS is at fault.

Which BIOS version are you running?

If it is the latest F9 for your motherboard then I would recommend getting in touch with Gigabyte Tecnical support here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=Argentina&SourceWeb=B2C as they should be in a position to help you better.

I´m using the f9 bios, is the last, I sent a mail to support to gigabyte, is a very extrange bug. Thanks for your help.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:40 pm »
Let us know how you get on as I am sure other users will be interested in the outcome and I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:13 pm »
Let us know how you get on as I am sure other users will be interested in the outcome and I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

The help they had given me was to install the Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 and thus the micro setee at 4.2 ghz, but logically turn off all power saving methods in the bios. Send another email, seems it happens only with Windows 7 because I tried a portable xp and works properly. As I know more I'll post.