Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD7 - Standby problems

« on: December 19, 2009, 05:19:16 pm »
We've just bought several GA-X58A-UD7 motherboards, in order to change some old PCs. All seemed well... until a new system entered in standby and refused to wake up. Had to do a hard reset.
Config: GA-X58A-UD7. i920 processor, 6 GB DDR3 RAM (Kingston non-ECC ValuRam triple-channel kit, 1066 MHz, KVR1066D3E7K3/6G), WD2500AAKS HDD, ATi Radeon 2600 XT (256 MB RAM, DDR4, taken from an older Dell computer).
BIOS: F3G.
The weird part is that the system shouldn't enter in standby (Windows 7 power scheme used is "High Performance").
Any help would be appreciated.
Moo... or something...

Pottypete

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:40:36 am »
Hi,
It sounds like a win O/S problem,
Check your power settings,
Cheers

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:21:49 am »
I've stated that the power settings scheme used is "High performance", meaning that the computer shouldn't "Go to sleep" or "Hibernate" (as MS says).
Any other ideas?
Hi,
It sounds like a win O/S problem,
Check your power settings,
Cheers
Moo... or something...

Beekeeper

Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - Standby problems
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »
i would suggest changing drivers (as they often can mess up with power saving modes) or bios into F4 as U have beta version now
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - Standby problems
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:15 pm »
i would suggest changing drivers (as they often can mess up with power saving modes) or bios into F4 as U have beta version now

I agree with the above, this error does have all the hall marks of BIOS issue possibly not communicating with OS/ properly inreatds to power saving.

I have an idea to test

Can you please go onto the BIOS, and disable ALL power saving features, inc the cpu options (the ones you normally disable when you OC) such as C1E
and the rest of the regular power saving features, save and reboot. Then go back into the O/S and disable hibernation and set to max performance.

Another feeling that I have it is posible that the your bios settings are OVER  writing what the O/S is saying, do the above, then at least we have norrowed down the issue

cheers

gilgamesh
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news