Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - no video output after changes

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - no video output after changes
« on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:52 pm »
This is a new build project - slowly driving me to distraction!
I have  the 790FXT-UD5P with AMD 965,ATI  HD5850 graphics card. Samsung HDD
I originally tried to add a second hard drive (not successful, see other topic) on removing the drive and reverting to the original set up (which was working fine). I booted up and found no video output - nothing on screen at all, not even a flicker.
I immediately thought it was the monitor or HDMI cable so set the monitor up on a second PC and it worked fine.
On returning to the new-build, I again booted and it was also working OK !!!!!

I then decided to put the HDD SATA drive (set as IDE) into to another GSATA2 slot on the mobo just for neatness, and when I went to boot - the same thing - no video????? I unplug the monitor and reconnected and re-booted, still nothing. So again went through the rigmarole of taking the monitor to the second PC - all worked fine. Took monitor back to original set-up and it then worked OK.

What on earth is going on?

Re: GA-MA790FXT-UD5P - no video output after changes
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 02:39:31 am »
This problem seems related to the second problem / posting I made regarding HDD recognition. It seems related to the GSATA connection......

After a good deal of head scratching I found a solution (although not a reason for the problem)

I simply took the SATA cables from the HDD's and CD/DVD-ROM drirve and connected them to the standard SATA connectors rather than the GSATA connectors - all now works perfectly

Pottypete

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 05:47:21 pm »
duplicated post I believe

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 05:03:32 pm »
duplicated post I believe

No, not quite separate issues which may or may not have been related and which may have attracted the attention of persons who would have expert knowledge in these different areas.