Official GIGABYTE Forum

X48T-DQ6 Setting up Memory in Gigabyte M.I.T Bios

X48T-DQ6 Setting up Memory in Gigabyte M.I.T Bios
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:28:21 am »
Hi all & trust U all had a good Crimble with family & friends for 2009, 2010 here we come…………

I am trying to load the recommended settings for my Corsair memory sticks as recommended by main man in Corsair Memory Forum as follows below……….

Load setup defaults to make sure you have a clean slate
CPU FSB: 400MHz
CPU Multiplier: 7x
Memory Frequency: 1600MHz
Memory Voltage: 1.8v
CAS Latency (tCL) : 9
RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 9
RAS Precharge (tRP) : 9
Cycle Time (tRAS) : 24

I went into the Gigabyte X48t-DQ6 MB Intelligent Tweaker in Bios and confirmed that FSB = 400MHz, CPU multiplier was at 8x, no requirement for me to set or change anything.

I set the CAS Latency (tCL) : 9, RAS to CAS (tRCD) : 9, RAS Precharge (tRP) : 9
and Cycle Time (tRAS) : 24.

Because I am not use to the entire terms and Gigabytes version of the use of the terms and cannot see where I can confirm, set or change the Memory frequency to 1600 MHz & memory Voltage to 1.8v.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

My system as Follows below:-

MoBo = Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
MoBo Rev= 1.3
BIOS Rev = F6D
Serial Number = SN083600079960

Case= Thermaltake Xaser V1
PSU =Thermaltake 1500w Toughpower PSU
Cooling = Thermaltake Bigwater 760i liquid cooling system.
CPU= Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core, QX9770, LGA 775, 3.20 Ghz, 12MB Cache, 1600 MHz FSB
Memory = Corsair TwinW3X2G1600C9D G 1600MHz DD3 SDRAM DIMMS, total of 4GB i.e. Two pair sets.
Hard-drives = for O/S pair of WD Veloci Raptors 300GB 10,000rpm SATA on the Intel ICH9R Raid chip connectors AII 0 & AII1
Graphics Card = Gigabyte GV-R487X2-2GH-B
                             ATi Radeon series HD 4870x2  2GB GDDRS
Operating System = Vista 32 bit

Thanks

Pottypete

Re: X48T-DQ6 Setting up Memory in Gigabyte M.I.T Bios
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:01:20 am »
Hi,
I'm still trying to learn too, The following link explains with bios screen shots memory configs,
(sore brain alert starts here, hehe,)
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/gigabyte_x48t_dq6/5.htm
Lots of forum members are more techie than me maybe could help you,
Cheers

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:27 pm »
Bon jour Monsieur Pier Le Potty

Thanks for your response.

An excellent link, I have managed from the link to determine how to set up the memory voltage, i.e. the default Volts are 1.5 on this MoBo hence in the “DDR3 OverVoltage Control” section of the Bios M.I.T. is where one increases to the required memory voltage specified by your memory supplier. Or indeed one can set the volts higher “Over-clock” if required at your peril in this section.

Still trying to fathom out the setting for “Memory Frequency” and yes my brain is also hurting!   

Should you uncover any more secrets of this requirement then I would very much appreciate your response once more.

Au revoir pour maintenant, faites attention et ne passez pas trop d'heure sur le potty

Memory Man

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:24:21 pm »
Hi,
Your welcome,
Au revoir pour maintenant, faites attention et ne passez pas trop d'heure sur le potty,as long as it's on the potty, not in the potty were ok,
I'm in the Fog locker for now HeHe,
Happy new year to you.
Monsieur Pier Le Potty

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »
Bon jour Monsieur Pier Le Potty,

Dans la maison, in English in the house.

Sur la Potty, in English on the potty.

Therefore one would definitely not want one in the potty, dare I suggest that you the man most definitely on the potty.

I hope the fog clears and we might se a solution to my quest for figuring out the M.I.T

Au revoir pour maintenant, parlez avec vous bientôt