Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UP4 TH- Intel RST driver crash problem in Win8 Pro 64-bit

Z77X-UP4 TH- Intel RST driver crash problem in Win8 Pro 64-bit
« on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »
I am hoping someone can provide insight on the following problem.  After upgrading BIOS to F9 (which seemed to fix an intermittent problem with my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard), Intel Rapid Storage Technology now "fails to connect" (this is the info from the system tray icon).  The troubleshooting says to reboot, and if that does not work, reinstall the driver.  Rebooting did not work, and when I reinstalled the driver, the system crashed on reboot- it flashed a blue screen very fast, saying Windows encountered a problem, re-booted and then ran a repair utility.  Windows then reported that it was unable to fix the problem, and suggested using a prior restore point.  I did so, which was immediately prior to the installation of the latest Intel RST driver on the Gigabyte website for this mobo.  I tried installing the driver and hotfix immediately, and it still went through the crash procedure I described above.  Downloading the driver directly from the Intel website had the same effect.  The following are the details of my system:

Z77X-UP4 TH
Intel i5 3570
16 GB DDR3 (GSkill 2133 MHz Ripjaws)
Intel 60GB 520 Series SSD + 2 TB SATA III HD configured with Intel Smart Response Technologies (BIOS says AHCI)
Radeon 7970
Logitech G15 gaming keyboard (blue) with latest driver from Logitech
Win8 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for any help.

- Eric

Re: Z77X-UP4 TH- Intel RST driver crash problem in Win8 Pro 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:06:59 am »
I solved the problem.  I reset the BIOS to RAID from AHCI, and restored Win8 to an earlier point, and now Intel RST running fine.  Unfortunately, starting to get random freezes though...