Official GIGABYTE Forum

EP45-DS3L and OCZ

EP45-DS3L and OCZ
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for help.

I've a server built from an EP45-DS3L with a RocketRaid 2000 series RAID card running 3 discs and Windows Server 2003 R2, fully updated. There's two 1Gb sticks of OCZ PC2 9200 RAM, these are the recommended ones from the mobo site rated at 1150MHz although the board is rated at up to 1333MHz. OCZ state CAS timings of 5-5-5-18.

The problem is that the machine keeps hanging/crashing necesssitating a re-boot after which all runs well until the next crash which can be within a day or several days later and it's trashing the running of my business. I've swapped out the memory for a couple of generics rated at 950MHz and it's been pretty stable during that period, only one crash.

Looking at the timings in the BIOS with the OCZ modules in and with the BIOS set at Auto, there seems to be discrepancies between what OCZ say CAS timings should be and the figures shown in the BIOS itself so I did a manual settings of these figures in the BIOS (according to the OCZ figures) and it still kept crashing so it may not be the timings.

Can anybody shed some light on this, it's got me rattled. Either the memory is U/S or there's a fault on the m/b. Anybody any ideas?

Richard

Pottypete

Re: EP45-DS3L and OCZ
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »
Hi
Have you tried running memtest on the memory modules.
Happy new year

Re: EP45-DS3L and OCZ
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:01:03 pm »
Have you tried running memtest on the memory modules.

Not yet, but I intend to do so. I have to find downtime when this can be done.

Will report back after the New Year.

Richard