Official GIGABYTE Forum

UEFI Shutdown Problem

BrianT

UEFI Shutdown Problem
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »
HI All I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P and I upgraded the bios to the UEFI and now whenever I shut down my PC it shutsdown and then 2 seconds later it comes back on. Now the best I could find anywhere was a suggestion to turn WOL off but I can't find that anywhere in the UEFI BIOS.
any ideas?

Re: UEFI Shutdown Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:48 am »
Hi there

There are a few things which could cause this.  Notably when a USB mouse or keyboard wakes up a PC.

In windows check the device manager under the USB hubs if any of the "Allow device to wake up PC" settings are active and enabled.

Next check under the Bios power settings if there's anything which will allow the PC to be woken by a device.

Hope this helps.

BrianT

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:34:30 am »
HI All I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P and I upgraded the bios to the UEFI and now whenever I shut down my PC it shutsdown and then 2 seconds later it comes back on. Now the best I could find anywhere was a suggestion to turn WOL off but I can't find that anywhere in the UEFI BIOS.
any ideas?
Thanks, I have checked all of the above and can confirm that there is nothing enabled in the bios that would do this all the above are disabled. On searching around though it would appear that this is not uncommon and that the only solution is to wait for a revised BIOS. which I don;t mind doing I just wish Gigabyte would reply to some of the questions on here and save people the time trying to resolve their issues for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:56:41 pm »
I had the EXACT same problem and after a LONG diagnostics i found out it was caused by my Mouse... a Mionix Naos 5000 ....
Wether this is a mouse program/software issue or Gigabyte having problems with the Etron controller I dont know...

but I have two computers with Gigabyte motherboards and I can't remember since I've had so many different and weird problems ...