Official GIGABYTE Forum

searching by whole word on these forums (e.g.: "ide", not "ideas", "video", etc)

sean_in_dc

Hello GB Forum-Folk:

I'm new to these particular forums, and have found that using search is much less useful, and more frustrating, on the GB forums than on others I've used. I say this because, as far as I can tell, there's no way to have the search function search for whole words. For example: I'm searching for help on getting my BIOS (with a GA-P35-DS3L and new SATA HDD) to recognize an IDE optical drive.

I'm searching for posts with "ide" and "optical", but I many of the search results have  thel as word "optical" and words that contain the string of 3 letters "ide", but are totally unrelated to what I want (not just a plural form, for example).  I want posts with "ide", not "ideas", "video", etc. I've tried using quotation marks around the word "ide", with and without space in front or behind, but that doesn't help: the quote marks (single or double) seem to be ignored.

Am I missing something here? Any advice?

Thanks,
Sean

geekyadz

• In the land of the geeks
You could always get google to search the site for you ;)
Nothing to see here, move along....

You can get the google help for this and it will reallu help you to to find the things that you are looking for.