Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 670 performance and weird FPS issues

GTX 670 performance and weird FPS issues
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:18:59 am »
Hi,

So i built my own computer recently and comparing it to my cousins computer and a mates, and i am very disappointed. I have an i5 3570K, GTX 670, Asrock z77 Extreme4, 8 gig of ram, corsair HX750 psu. The game i am mainly referring to is Borderlands 2 but other games seem to perform worse than my mates system even though i have better components.

So my cousin runs everything full in BL2 on a GTX 570. With everything maxed on my system, i drop FPS quite a lot in bigger fights, and sometimes just running along it can dip a little -  my cousin with the GTX 570, doesnt at all. Could my GPU or system be underperforming? Or could it be a glitch with the 600 series? if so, what can i do?

Also, sometimes in BL2, i get an FPS of 60, but the game feels like it is framerating, just lags a little when i pan around with the mouse with the FPS counter still at a solid 60. To give you an idea, it kind of feels like a 40-50 fps even though it really is 60. This happens in other game too, such as dota 2 Ideas?

I have looked everywhere for an answer, but everything i have tried hasnt worked so far.
Everyone i have asked in person also says that i should be excelling with BL2, and should have no problems at all.

I am very frustrated and a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you