Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte z77-UD5H problem

Gigabyte z77-UD5H problem
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »
I have the Wifi version of this board with a Core i7 3770k installed cooled with a Thermaltake frio.
The problem I have is that, even though I set the vcore manually at 1.180 to achieve a 4.1 oc (I'm just warming up) the board sets it to 1.250 after I boot and enter windows. And of course, there's no way to cool down the CPU once I start linx or Prime for a long period.

Why the hell is it doing that? Where is the setting to use MY voltage and not whatever the mobo desires.
Also, if I set the offset to do 0.020 more, instead of rising the vcore to 1.18 (from 1.160) it also sets it to 1.250.
Load line calibration does nothing but raise it more (in any settings)

I have revision 1.1 with F14 bios.
EDIT: Furthermore, I have been playing with the bios and there is no way to set a custom voltage. No matter what I set as VCORE the board boots a 1.250 when I overclock the cpu. What the hell is this?
I have turbo enabled at 41x and the default clock of the cpu at 35x no messing with the BCKL

Any clues or help? Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:22:23 pm by MasterTB »

Gigabyte z77 UD5H problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:23:59 am »
yes i did remove the above gigabyte ultilities, I can now operate the bios i cleared the cmos then it worked.
The major problem i now facing is that i can not overclock as they have removed or hidden the Load Line Calibration settings. So if I would like to overclock I would have to fiddle with the default PLL and dynamic vcore settings to get the CPU stable which is hard work. Is there a way round it?