Official GIGABYTE Forum

Sytem wont post

Sytem wont post
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:36 am »
I bought a new setup and when put together the four LED phas lights above the ram slots are all lit up, the ballistix tracer memory light up and cycle, the cpu fan spis as well as the PSU fanhowever the keyboard does not light up (P/S2 or USB) and there is not display out of the HDMI output nor through a discrete graphics card. There are no bent pins on the cpu socket and the motherboard has been tested on a cardboard box. I have cleared the cmos via the jumper and taken out the battery for a while also. Also, I've used one stick of memory and alternated the slots. What is the problem? Is it because the CPU is not in the support list or is it the RAM? Eitherway not very happy atm.

CPU: Intel G2020
MB: Z68AP-D3
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 8GB 1866MHz 1.5v
PSU: CX 500

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Sytem wont post
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:25:16 am »
Hi there,

yes, it could be a BIOS issue with the CPU not being recognised but the only way of finding this out is to try the system with a different processor.

Do you have a motherboard speaker attached and if yes, are you getting any POST beeps?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.