Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UP7 moving raid0 from ASUS Z77 Sabertooth

uplink

Z77X-UP7 moving raid0 from ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:17:37 am »
Greetings,

I'm new to the forums. I hope I'm in the right section. My name is Bryan. I build computers for living for over 20 years, but I'm extremely conservative. I have built more than 1500+ computers, whereas 90% of them used PegASUS motherboards [burn me now]. I have close to none experience with high-end GA motherboards. So I'm gonna need some of You guys in here, I'll really appreciate it.

I have one question, I've had ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard for two years, worked like charm in in rev 1.0 [D2]. Although, I decided to upgrade my Golden Sample 2600K to 3770K [bad idea, I know now]. Frankly, my Golden Sample 2600K went 5 GHz on air with idle temperatures of 40*C, whilst 3770K went on stock clock on 36-40*C. I returned the 3770K immediately, I guess wrong batch, or something, but whatever. When I returned to my old CPU [2600K], after two days my PCI-e 16x port died. Well, I don't know whether of age, or stress of new CPU [joke], it died. I immediately bought Sabertooth Z77 motherboard. Well fu*k me. The BiOS [UEFi] issue with xHCi/eHCi USB 3.0 ports [freezing on boot sequence] is unresolved for 5 issues of new BiOS-es [UEFi-s]. Okay, I wasted 8 hours of time, bought ASUS Maximus V Formula. Fu*k me again, the same issue with USB 3.0 ports. Was with my friend who has Maximus V Extreme, the same. You simply cannot use USB 3.0 ports with active 3.0 devices with xHCi and eHCi on most of, ASUS Z77 mobos, whilst booting. Screw You ASUS. I'm done with You. Support doesn't care, phone support doesn't know, they simply don't give a damn. Well that's my story. Now my question.

I've had Intel Controller for SATA ports on Z77 Sabertooth raid0 array. Will my raid0 array be converted to my Z77X-UP without any trouble, hence it uses the same chipset for Intel Controllerm will my raid0 migrate with no trouble.

Btw. I have the seetie at home already :-3

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:21:25 am by uplink »

uplink

Re: Z77X-UP7 moving raid0 from ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:26:50 am »
Yes, it works, though, I had to reinstall the OS, coz Win 7 ain't that robust as I thought it is. Hmm.