Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Boot problems

mrtypr

X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Boot problems
« on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:41 am »
Hey guys

I am all of a sudden had boot and shutdown problems with my PC.

After my PC has been turned off for several hours (Usually about 10+) It will not turn on. The fans try spin a few times but then it gives up. The only way I can get it to turn on is if I disconnect the power from the motherboard and reconnect it. Then it will turn on

It also tries to reboot on windows shutdown but does not provide any post, just a black screen and the fans are spinning etc. Then again I have to reconnect the power to the motherboard or turn it off from the PSU

I have upgraded my BIOS to the Latest (FH) and I will test it again. But I have researched many threads with the exact same problem with this model motherboard

Is this a common problem with it?

thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Boot problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:00 am »
I have had about 6 of those boards and as far as I know they are all still working fine.

I think I read it right that if you just turn off the PSU switch and turn it back on the computer will reboot.

It could be a PSU problem. Can you try another PSU
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

mrtypr

Re: X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Boot problems
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:03:17 am »
Yep going to try another PSU tonight or next time it does not want to turn on again (most likely tonight, if a BIOS update does not fix)

Thanks for your input appreciate it. I will let you know once I try another PSU

Well I think I tried turning off the PSU switch a few times and it still did not turn on. The only way I get it to turn on is if I disconnect the main power plug from the actual motherboard and connect it again

I have read multiple threads with people having the same issues as me with the same board:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1569.0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:06:54 am by mrtypr »