Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Problem...

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Problem...
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:20:27 am »
Hi..I recently puchased a Gigabyte GA H55M USB3 M/B with i3 CPU in perfect working order...So I bought out a computer from my spare room that I had purchased some time ago with a Gigabyte GA H55M - S2H and i7 CPU which would not go...So I was now in a position to test both the CPU and M/B in it......

I took the i3 out and put the i7 in...Nothing ?? The i7 CPU was faulty....I then put changed the MB to the Gigabyte GA H55M - S2H M/B with the i3 CPU....Surely it would power up..?? No go so it seems both the M/B and the i7 CPU were faulty ....
WELL I would like to get some of my money back ......Hopefully I can explain here what happens when I power up the Gigabyte GA H55M - S2H M/B with the good i3 CPU....and somebody can advise me if this is a symptom they recognise...
I push the power switch and the power goes on ....the Fan gives a PULSE and gives continual Pulses every couple of seconds as though it wants to go ...til after aprox 1/2 a minute everything powers off and immediately powers up again going through the same scenario ...repeatedly..
There is no evidence of the Hard Drive going......

I wonderi If anybody has seen this happen and knows if it is fixable  I would be very grateful for advice.....Thanks hk

Re: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Problem...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »
RESET CMOS  ;D