Official GIGABYTE Forum

H77n-WiFi BIOS setup problems

H77n-WiFi BIOS setup problems
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »
Hello All,

im using the mini its H77n-WiFi motherboard and a core i5 3570k, im using HDMI and integrated intel HD4000 graphics to connect my monitor. However I can not seem to get in to the BIOS set-up, when the splash screen appears it seems that the resolution displayed is too high for the TV (which is 1080p) and the picture is too large for the screen, windows boots fine but when I try to go in to the BIOS setup by pressing DEL all I get is a blank screen, the only way out is to reboot.

does any one have any ideas on what this can be? I have done an update via windows utility but this has not helped.

FoxTC

Re: H77n-WiFi BIOS setup problems
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »
Hi, Did you get this sorted?

I have the same motherboard using HDMI, with an i3 3225 CPU (So we match on HDMI, HD4000 and motherboard). My Bios screen is really zoomed in when I boot, I can't see any of the bios options (F Keys), I've not tried pressing F8 or whatever it is to actually get into the bios as I assumed it would be unusable being so big and I didn't want to get stuck.

I've set my TV so it's not overscanning and once I boot into windows all is great in 1900x1080 but the BIOS remains Zoomed on boot.

I would like to get this fixed as I'm sure I'll need to go into the bios at some point lol.

Thanks,

FoxTC...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:35:55 pm by FoxTC »

najiro

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 03:56:17 pm »
Ohh that is normal. You need to get the Intel Graphics Driver and it will have it's own control panel just like nvidia and amd cards have. From there you can adjust the resolution wherein it will fit your TV monitor  :)

You need to go here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Get the driver it should be in:
Product family: Graphics
Product Line: Desktop graphics drivers
Select product name: 3rd generation intel processors with 4000/2500...

Download and install.
Open up desktop properties and run the control panel which should look like this:

Look for it in the "display" tab and play around the resolutions until you get the right one :)
TV monitors have different resolutions compared to dedicated computer monitors. Like this LCD-TV monitor I am using, my resolution is 1824x1026 @ 1080p since 1920x1080 doesn't fit well.
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

FoxTC

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:47 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply but both our posts say windows in fine, it's the bios boot screen (way before windows) that's the issue. I have latest drivers for windows btw.

Or are you saying that this driver actually changes something on the CPU/Bios to display at boot differently?

najiro

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply but both our posts say windows in fine, it's the bios boot screen (way before windows) that's the issue. I have latest drivers for windows btw.

Or are you saying that this driver actually changes something on the CPU/Bios to display at boot differently?

using the control panel will enable you to change resolutions at desktop, color quality, v-sync options, color correction and other features you cannot access in the bios... you can even have a dual monitor setup using integrated graphics if you use the control panel.

Obviously, if you are using integrated graphics and you can't pull this control panel out in your desktop.... you're missing a lot of features from color enhancements and display adjustments.
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

FoxTC

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:29:20 am »
On boot up, when I press DEL to go into the BIOS setup I just get a black screen. Please can anyone help? ???

eletro

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22:19 am »
same here....black screen in bios  :'(