Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-F2A75M-D3H USB Drivers Win 7 installer not working

GA-F2A75M-D3H USB Drivers Win 7 installer not working
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:53:39 am »
Hi All,

I have a problem that maybe someone has come across and fixed before but i can't find it so sorry if that's the case.

I have just bought a new FM2 system and using GA-F2A75M-D3H as the mother board now i'm trying to install windows 7 in UEFI mode using the GPT partition however i have run into a problem if i try to boot the install CD from the Blue-ray drive in UEFI mode ( UEFI: drivename ) the windows boot loader hangs on can't communicate with the CD Drive ( Error Code: 0xc0000185 ), so i created a FAT32 Partition on my USB HDD and this passes this error i get the windows installer PE environment running the moment i try to run the setup though i get a missing driver error (in USB3 and USB2 ports) when i browse for the drivers using my Motherboard CD i tells me that there are no compatible drivers from my device so with this i used the WAIK and added the drivers to both the PE environment (index:1) and the Windows Setup(index:2) of the boot.wim file and i still get the same problem the USB HDD does not show up in command line or the browse for drivers so this would show that the drivers for the USB or the USB HDD are not working but as the USB HDD can be read from the boot loader to setup the ram drive this makes no sence that it could be a ram Error.

Could any one supply me with drivers that will work for me to install Windows 7 UEFI mode from USB HDD on another note the drivers i have added into the boot.wim file are.

Chipset\usb3\Files\x64\nusb3hub.inf
Chipset\usb3\Files\x64\nusb3xhc.inf
Chipset\Etron\program files\Etron Technology\USB 3.0 Host Controller\Drivers\x64\EtronXHCI.INF

But still no USB supported in the windows setup, i have tried adding these drivers in via the missing driver prompt but i just get there not compatible with the current hardware uncheck the tick box and install them all anyways still does not work.

Any help would be grate

Re: GA-F2A75M-D3H USB Drivers Win 7 installer not working
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:37:28 pm »
Ok Apparently there is a problem with the boot.wim system and using the on the disk boot efi so i have now created a new efi folder this has been installed from a USB HDD.

The attachment below has a new efi folder for you to use this is built using the windows 7 x64 bootmgfw.efi from a windows 7 setup.
i have overwritten the cdboot.efi with this inside /efi/microsoft/boot and there is a /efi/boot/ folder that then contains the bootx64.efi that the cdboot.efi points to to read, this then allowed the USB drivers to be loaded and it worked.

If any one has the missing driver problem from USB HDD for EFI please try this first.

https://mega.co.nz/#!uJNF2L5Y!LVpFeUbkiiHh8B5zIKR0AWSlgrJjYURvrEcTIDMUc_M

You should then be able to install your USB Drivers into the setup once this is done unplug the USB HDD cancel the setup then plug the USB HDD into a different port wait about 1 min for windows to find the drive then start you install again and it should work
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:39:10 pm by barkermn01 »

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: GA-F2A75M-D3H USB Drivers Win 7 installer not working
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:31:34 am »
Hi !

Take a look here http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-installation-upgrade/81837-install-w7-into-gpt-partition.html

Anyway i have successfully installed Win 7 on that board from a USB 3.0  stick connected to USB 2.0 ports.
Use the "Windows 7 USB/DVD (official) download tool" and prepare a bootable stick with W7.

You will install in maybe 7 minutes.
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150