Official GIGABYTE Forum

stuck loading operating system

stuck loading operating system
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:15:55 am »
i recently bought a custom made computer with a gigabyte motherboard that was loaded with windows 7. all was working well for the first few days, but then i had to install some updates so i set the computer to shut down once they were done and went to bed. i woke up the next day and the computer was stuck installing the same update. this went on for about another 5+ hours till i reset my computer. after booting up i got a messege saying "loading operating system..." the message was hung and wouldn't load. i then rearranged the harddrive to the first sata slot and tried to boot from the hard drive which has windows 7. i got an error message saying "disk boot faliure, instert system disk and press enter". i've been stuck on this all day and can't get past it. i removed all usb drives and tried booting from all the options. i don't have a windows 7 disk to help recover my computer either because it didn't come with one.  :'(

here are my specs
motherboard: GA-H61M-D2P-B3
RAM: 8gigs
1 internal hard drive and one external
internal is plugged into Sata_0
solid state is in Sata_3
cd drive is in Sata_2
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:22:56 am by dcusi753 »

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: stuck loading operating system
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »
Hi dcusi753,  ;)

Welcome to forum,

Infos for GA-H61M-D2P-B3 (rev. 1.0)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3774#sp

Make sure about a connector SATA for Main OS system....

Put the SATA Drive with OS in connector SATA on the motherboard ... on Intel SATA connector... not in Marvell connector....

Are you in RAID situation?

Are you in Bios, in IDE, xHCI or RAID mode?
Check in bios what is a main disk for Boot...
Check in bios other parameters for First Boot ... Hard Drive .... not DVD or USB ... by exemple...

Check in your manual for more detail...
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h61m-d2p-b3_e.pdf

Hard Disk Boot Priority page 29
First/Second/Third Boot Device

Init Display First  page 30 ... check for your situation....

Just a question:
SATA Port0-1 Native Mode (Intel H61 Chipset page 31, What is a actual parameter?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:37:15 pm by Gloup_Gloup »