Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Z77x-D3H UEFI Boot

Gigabyte Z77x-D3H UEFI Boot
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:54 am »
Well, I just recently fitted and OCZ Vertex 4 SSD into my PC. And as The PC supports UEFI boot I thought I'd take the plunge and move to Windows 8 x64.

So installed Windows 8 onto the SSD and everything has gone well, no issues so far. However the following day, I turned the PC on and all I was greeted with was the Gigabyte Logo Bios Picture. The PC didn't carry on to boot. If I press a key on the keyboard, Windows continues to load. Its weird.

Never had this issue before and I suspect its to do with moving to UEFI boot. However Im not certain what I need to do in order to set it so Windows boots without the keyboard press.

I've checked the Bios and the UEFI Drive is set as first boot so that's not the issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW The Motherboard I use is a Gigabyte Z77x-D3H

ysw

Re: Gigabyte Z77x-D3H UEFI Boot
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:40:13 am »
have u tried to update the latest bios to check?
after you flash bios, you need to go to bios setup to check your UEFI OCZ as first boot device.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:05 am »
Flashed to the latest BIOS and when you go into the BIOS Windows Boot Manager is the first boot device. I'll try settign it as the UEFI OCZ as first boot but dont think that will make a difference.

Whats odd is, when you turn the PC on, I don't get the initial 'BEEP' it just waits until I press a key on the keyboard, then BEEps then proceeds to load Windows.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:03:22 am »
Had the same thing after switching to WIN8 and Samsung 840Pro. I had to switch partition MBR to GPT or the other way.