Official GIGABYTE Forum

NEW F10 Bios GA-EX58-UD5

mrix

NEW F10 Bios GA-EX58-UD5
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »
Hi all, I notice today a F10 Bios has been released for the GA-EX58-UD5  Board :)
 I was wondering what the Enhanced Memory capability means ? I cant seem to find any info what the changes are in the F10 Bios????
Thanks for any info on this.
Cheers
mrix

frenki

Re: NEW F10 Bios GA-EX58-UD5
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »
hello! I just flashed my bios from F7 to F10.... q-flash everything was 100% OK...
untill i reboot..... now my pc won't start anymore, only get to the post-message screen that says Tab, Del, End, F12 etc. and nothing happens??

pc monitor shuts off and after 10 seconds again the post-bios screen....

Damnn! anyone else same problem?

mrix

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:36:27 pm »
My update using the Bios utility went fine this end :)
Cheers
mrix

frenki

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »
Ok thanks for your responce.... I logged a ticket @ gigabyte......

Also.... it seem to have a dual bios, but I can't find how to restore the bios with the dual bios?!?
Don't know if it is even possible? (it's not in the manual....it only says it has a dual bios for backup?!?!)

Wierd..

Thanks anyway!

frenki

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:35:30 am »
Hello!

I found the problem..... I have a extra keyboard and mouse (Wireless Logitech) on usb connected to my pc.
When I unplug the receiver, the pc is starting perfectly.

So it seems as if the bios update F10 has caused a problem with that specific usb device (have other usb devices connected, and no problems with them)
This usb device is already connected to my pc for a year now, and only now after updating BIOS F10 it is a problem.

After booting to windows i can reconnect the usb device and it works,until i reboot my pc, it hangs until i remove the usb receiver....

Nice  ??? ??? ???

Hope this helps if someone has the same problem.