« on: February 10, 2010, 02:54:49 am »
Setup:
Mobo: Gigabyte P55a-UD3
CPU: Intel i5 750
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600
PSW: Antec Earthwatt 500

BIOS
F2 & F4:
One problem is that in both these BIOS revisions I would get a random beep from the PC internal which seemed to be associated to the CPU changing C3/C6/C7 state. The other (which I haven't verified) is that when C3/C6/C7 is enabled the HD access seems to be slower. But I haven't found a benchmark yet to test this.

However, all other functions are fine. My mild OC is stable with a 166 BLK, x20 and turbo enabled. Never get a BSOD once I found the right settings, passes memtest 86+ and prime 95 stress tests fine. Voltages have been left on auto for all tests since I haven't found the problems as of yet. FYI: I want all the power saving features on as this is a computer that stays on 10-15 hours a day.

F5:
Seems the beeps (which are really annoying!) from the PC internal are gone however with the same overclock settings I get the BSOD for memory errors or just a dump error. I declocked my RAM to make sure it wasn't the core problem and I still get BSOD's in Windows 7 while browsing. The system does pass fine though 10 hours of Prime95 and made 10 passes though memtest 86+ w/o any errors with the same settings as the F2/F4 BIOS. I have tried declocking it back to 100% stock levels and it seems stable but I didn't run it more than a day like that so I will have to try that again possibly in the future.

What was changed in the F5 revision?  The stability of this BIOS is terrible against the F4 revision.  In any case trying to figure out a solution to either the beep problem (which has been noted in this forum as well) in the F4 and now this stability problem in F5.