Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't start computer with Intel Integrated graphics

Can't start computer with Intel Integrated graphics
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:41:50 am »
Hi, I'm new.

I have a GA-H61M-S2PV motherboard with an Intel G645 processor and an nVidia GT630 gfx card. Power supply w450 and a 2gb 1333 ram. 1TB Seagate HDD.

I want to replace the card so I wanna remove it and switch to Intel graphics while I wait for my new one.

The problem is I can't seem to get past bios like that. Motherboard logo shows then after a while the computer restarts and keeps going like that. Whether I remove my gfx card or leave it. Cable's plugged in the integrated graphics port. Normal one not HDMI.

During this time I can only access bios and other basic stuff del key,  F12 choose boot menu, F9 info ...etc

Windows logo doesn't show up, can't access windows boot menu either or use F8 to load in safe mode.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Resetting cmos with and without card installed doesn't fix it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:44:49 pm by hmil2011 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Can't start computer with Intel Integrated graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:27:51 am »
Hi there,

Shutdown down the PC, Remove Graphic Card, Clear CMOS and then try restarting the PC.

If that doesn't help reinstall the Graphics Card, Reflash BIOS but shutdown when the BIOS update has finished. Remove Graphics Card and then try restarting the PC with integrated graphics.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:46:42 pm »

Shutdown down the PC, Remove Graphic Card, Clear CMOS and then try restarting the PC.

Thank you for the answer but this didn't solve it.

If that doesn't help reinstall the Graphics Card, Reflash BIOS but shutdown when the BIOS update has finished. Remove Graphics Card and then try restarting the PC with integrated graphics.

My bios was up to date even before I try to remove or know about this problem. But I don't think I understand you exactly, can you be more specific?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »
Yes, I encountered similar problem on a different motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5TH) and found that reflashing BIOS with same version, and doing steps as outlined above, allowed internal graphics to work properly.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »
Thanks again but still unsolved. I flashed the computer, shut it down, removed the card, started the computer. Nothing.
It used to work, I remember using VirtuMVP.
Now AFTER I have this 450 PSU it won't work.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:01:28 pm by hmil2011 »

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »
Thanks again but still unsolved. I flashed the computer, shut it down, removed the card, started the computer. Nothing.
It used to work, I remember using VirtuMVP.
Now AFTER I have this 450 PSU it won't work.
Sorry, PSU has nothing to do with it, I tried another. The CDROM boots windows is restarting.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:14:59 pm »
It was fixed. I tried installing Windows 7, but decided to keep the old one till I get my new gfx card.
The old one appeared in the boot menu and I was able to enter.
Not sure but I think I could have fixed it by choosing "Fix startup problems" in the Repair Windows tool from the DVD.