Official GIGABYTE Forum

New 7970 3GB Artifacts [HELP!]

New 7970 3GB Artifacts [HELP!]
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:37:53 pm »
So I just bought a new 7970 3GB (Gigabye, of course). I've built my PC for a few weeks but only a few days ago I bought a monitor to use. I played some games, mainly Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Orchestra 2 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Everything went well for while until I started getting random artifacts on my desktop. They appeared for a second and disappeared.
I then tried to play Crysis 2. The introduction level of the game went fine, but when it tried loading the next level, the screen froze, went black and never came back until I hard restarted my PC. I tried again, same result.
When I play Battlefield Bad Company, everything goes well until about an hour or so, then the game will start artifacting like Satan. I quit the game, then artifacts appear on the desktop and sometimes crashes the same way Crysis 2 did.
I restart the PC, and everything seems fine, but every now and then artifacts will appear on the desktop for a quick second, and every few hours the screen will die out like in Crysis 2.
I have already asked a friend about this, and he claims its something to do with my monitor and that something in the monitor crashes my video drivers every few hours.
So far, Red Orchestra 2 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon showed no problems during play, but when going back to the desktop the problems SOMETIMES come back.
If there are no problems on the desktop, I can continue using the computer for about 5-6 hours until the display dies again (which my friend tells me happened to him until he replaced his monitor, but I'm not sure)
RMA is not an option for me because I bought the parts while I was on vavcation in the USA and now I'm Qatar, all the way in the middle east.
EDIT: Playing Garrys Mod doesn't seem to cause any problems for me in game either, but exiting will cause a crash
My system specs are:
Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
MSI Z77A-GD55 Motherboard
3GB Gigabye Radeon 7970
LG 22EA53 Monitor @ 1920x1080 via HDMI
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:39:49 pm by Tree Fiddy »