Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1 vs. rev. 1.0

Sammy

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1 vs. rev. 1.0
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:44 am »
Hi there!

I was just wondering, what is the difference between revision 1.1 and 1.0 of the GA-EP45-UD3R board? Does Gigabyte ever publish changes made to different revisions or is this one of those best kept company secrets? I am assuming that the higher the number the better, right? Unless of course a higher number means that a nice little hardware exploit has been shut down.  ::)

Thanks!

:)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:21:35 am by Sammy »

Sammy

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1 vs. rev. 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:07:52 am »
Just for the record, I will post an answer to my own question here. From what I can see in the specs, there are no differences between the two.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=3013,2921

• There is only a slight difference between revision 1.1 and 1.0.
  • White PCI-Express x1 slots vs. black slots.
  • Different heat sink design for chipset and voltage regulators.
  • Revision 1.1 appears to have smaller solid capacitors (assumably same capacity as rev. 1.0).
  • One capacitor on rev. 1.1 has been moved.
  • Serial number label has been moved on rev. 1.1 (assumably to make it more accessible once the board is installed).

See the pictures below.

I bought a used rev. 1.0 from a guy on eBay and it has been serving me well for almost a year now. He seems to have had problems with humidity at his place, because there were traces of corrosion on the board. It was most evident on the battery and the battery holder, it was very corroded. I have refurbished it, put a new battery in, and it looks nice now and it ticks like a clockwork. Great board for socket 775!