Official GIGABYTE Forum

X79-UP4 with official F4 BIOS

X79-UP4 with official F4 BIOS
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:47:31 am »
I updated my X79-UP4 to the latest official F4 BIOS (using the @BIOS software, as advised).
A few questions/queries:

The 'full screen logo show' is enabled, but never appears during POST, it appears the video card is enabled last now so the screen stays off until the AMI BIOS flashes for a second just before Windows starts to boot.  I never see the Gigabyte logo

Where has '3D BIOS' gone? All I can get now is Advanced mode, the 3D mode that was working with F2/F3p is no longer available. Pressing F1 doesn't switch to the GUI 3D BIOS anymore.

The option to switch 'UEFI' to 'Legacy ROM' is no longer available. Not a problem as all seems to work ok but if needed how can I enable Legacy ROM?

The new options for 'SATA Hot Plug' - I had to Enable the SATA ports I wanted for this, otherwise my external drives wouldn't be found after Windows boot.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: X79-UP4 with official F4 BIOS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:58:49 pm »
First of all were you having a problem? 2nd of all when you update a bios you always take a chance that something is going to go wrong.

If you were not having any problem I would go back to the older bios. It is starting to sound like people are having problems with the F4 bios.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.