Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87MX-D3H : can't find how to do legacy boot

Shouko

Z87MX-D3H : can't find how to do legacy boot
« on: October 13, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »
Hi,

I have 2 problems with this motherboard.
1. I can't find how to boot a dvd in legacy mode, it always boot in UEFI mode. Does anyone here know how to do that?

2. I can't do a safely remove hardware on ANY usb devices. When I checked the safely remove hardware list it is always empty even though I have inserted a usb device ex. flash drive. It only happens in this system. Why is that?

Thanks.

ysw

Re: Z87MX-D3H : can't find how to do legacy boot
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:58:37 am »
1. do you have your win8 DVD in DVD ROM?
you may go to bios setup to check DVD ROM drive BBS prioirty.
select DVD ROM as fist boot , not uefi-DVD ROM.
2. do you install usb drivers?

Shouko

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:28:25 pm »
I dont see any option for the boot sequence only the logos on the right where you can drag them. Upon entering bios, the dvd rom already has a UEFI logo on top. I used the xpress install in the dvd provided by gigabyte. I saw that drivers for USB 3.0 was installed.

ysw

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 03:14:24 am »
go to bios setup, bios feature\boot option and press enter. you should see sata-DVD and uefi-DVD...,
or go to dvd rom drive BBS and press enter to check uefi-dvd rom or sata-dvd rom...

rickas

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:52:23 pm »
It's difficult to find someone else who has this motherboard too. So, I have to ask you.. Do you have any problems with the gigabyte screen (post)?
My screen keeps black until the windows load.
I think that is something with PCI 3.0 but even if I change to 2.0, nothing happens.