Official GIGABYTE Forum

990FXA-UD3 Rev. 3 Bios FC , possible flaky BIOS ?

steve2470

990FXA-UD3 Rev. 3 Bios FC , possible flaky BIOS ?
« on: October 19, 2013, 03:04:34 am »
I've been using the motherboard in the subject line for 4 months now, with no problems. Starting about 2 weeks ago, my startup BIOS screen became too large for my 37 inch Samsung TV to display it all, meaning, the left, right, top and bottom would be cut off. The funny thing is, my 24 inch Samsung monitor displays the exact same startup BIOS screen perfectly ! Once I boot up completely, I have no video problems at all, so I really don't think it's my TV or my video card (NVIDIA 560 x2 in SLI).

Here are the problems that I think are BIOS-related:
  • 1- The startup BIOS screen problem that I just described above
  • 2- Yesterday I could not access the BIOS at all. I had to reflash the BIOS with version FC, which it was already flashed with
  • 3- I've tried reflashing with versions FA and FB, it does not help at all
  • 4- Sometimes the BIOS bootup will completely stall and I will have to reboot
  • 5- I cannot flash the BIOS at all with Q-flash. I am forced to use the Windows version.

I think that's everything. Is my hunch correct ? Can you buy a new BIOS chip for this mobo or do you have to get a new mobo ? Thank you very much for your time.

Steve

steve2470

Re: 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 3 Bios FC , possible flaky BIOS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:43:42 am »
ok, I reflashed the BIOS with version FC. I also attached the hdmi cable to a port on the back of my TV that said "DVI". The BIOS seems to be working fine now and the bios start screen displays normally. Never mind, false alarm. Thank you once again.