Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper M3 Ver 1.0 Bios Options for Opsys

Graceman

G1 Sniper M3 Ver 1.0 Bios Options for Opsys
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:15:27 pm »
This Bios system currently F10c has options for opsys under the Bios Features section.
About half way down is an Option for OS and the selection options are
Other OS
Windows 8
Windows 8 WHQL

The script says this allows you to select your installed OS [Windows 8] : Select this to enable some windows 8 features.

Does anyone know what this setting is really for as Windows 8 does install quite oddly compared to other OS I have used in that it tries to create 4 partitions on the drive,
Recovery
Efi
System
Primary

As I lost my drive the reason for which has never been understood or found, I ask the above question as to what features in Window 8 is this referring to ?
Do I need it as I found I needed to install without all these partitions and had to reset all the bios options to legacy optrom.plus other OS.
Is it possible that windows 8 was the cause of the drive failure and was trying to use the drive in a way it should not have as I has this set setting set to windows 8.

I am using a new OCZ revodrive 3 Pcie card for the drive plus a HDD for storage.

Can we get details about this part of the bios setting and best practice please?
Antec NSK4000B II Midi Tower Case
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 rv 1.0
I7/3770K
16Gb Csair Vengance Ram
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU  CX430V2  
OCZ RVD3-FHPX4-240G 240GB RevoDrive3 PCI-E SSD

Alcool DC-LT 12v Ceramic Pump
Alcool Rvoir for DC-LT Pump
Alcool DC-LT Pump Top
EK Supremacy CSQ Univ Full