Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cannot boot past windows loading (file check/repair utility fails)

Hello Gigabyters,

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I am new to this forum.
I was told you guys may be able to help me as I have a giga motherboard (B75M-D3H) which has apparently had some similar issues in the past.

The issue occurred last night, my system was not registering the right mouse click so I attempted to open the logitech peripherals utility. The programme would not open or respond so I went to restart my system.

On rebooting a BIOS dialogue box appeared  which showed something similar to:
"Your system is not running at fully optimized settings"
Of which the three options were:
1.Set to default optimum and boot
2.Set to default optimum and reboot
3.Cancel/ boot normally (or something similar)
I selected 2.Set to default optimum settings and reboot and since have'nt been able to get passed the post BIOS Windows loading screen.

On each failed boot attempt I am prompted to check and repair files using the Win File checker tool,
This fails to sort the problem and the sig is as follows:

Problem Signature:

problem event name: startup repair offline

signature 01.  6.1.7600.16385
signature 02.  6.1.7600.16385
signatue 03 unknown
signature 04. 21199809
signature 05 autofailover
signature 06. 7
signature 07. NoRootCause
os version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

locale id . 1033

I then navigated into the Win recovery environment and attempted to system restore to a point on the 21/10/13 (Failed) and also 13/10/13 (Failed)

Both these attempts failed and read an error msg of 0x80070067

I then checked the memory using the memory diagnostic tool and there are no problems at 100% completion.

I then tried to boot from my Win 7 CD (Selecting my CD drive as the default boot location in BIOS) The exact same errors occurred.

I cannot run sfc/ scannow in the command prompt menu (in recovery environ) as there is a system repair 'pending'

ALSO
On rebooting I get 3 short BIOS beeps if I use my original Logitech keyboard, (Using a DasKeyboard doesnt have the same problem)
Could it be the drivers where the problem initially started?

I hope I have been clear enough for you to offer me some advice.

And any advice or experience of this problem is welcome.

Thanks, ;D ;D ;D

Daniel

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Cannot boot past windows loading (file check/repair utility fails)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:41:47 am »
Couple of things to do here. One replace the battery on the motherboard. Than go back in and re-set it default optimum settings.

Than you will have to go back in and make sure the date and time are set. If that doesn't help with the boot than it might be a bad drive.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:32:03 pm »
Thankyou for your reply,

I think your onto something, I ran through the steps to restore my Registry files manually to stop the infinite recovery loop but no success.

Now I get 6 BIOS beeps on booting, looks like a keyboard error. I have tried two different brands of keyboard, same beeps.

Where would the chip that controls my keyboard be? just to reseat it if possible.
I have a B75M-D3H motheboard.

(I will try and reseat the battery as u said, but don't to replace it as it's all still under warranty.)
EDIT*** Reset BIOS and loaded optimum settings, reboot to no success.

Does it sound like I should just send it back to the guys who assembled it and let them deal with it?

Really appreciate your help btw. Thankyou.

Daniel
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:55:09 pm by dmacdaddy »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 12:02:44 am »

(I will try and reseat the battery as u said, but don't to replace it as it's all still under warranty.)

Does it sound like I should just send it back to the guys who assembled it and let them deal with it?

I would send it back to the guy who built it. Because it still under warranty. It sounds like it could be the mother board.

1. AWARD BIOS

1short beep :System normal
2 short beep :CMOS Error
1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error
1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error
1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error
1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error
Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed
Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed

2. AMI BIOS

1 short beep :Memory Error
2 short beep:Memory parity check error.
3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error
4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction .
5 short beep :CPU error
6 short beep:Keyboard error
7 short beep :CPU interruption error
8 short beep:Graphic card error
9 short beep :Memory error
10 short beep :CMOS error
11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.