Official GIGABYTE Forum

[Z68X-UD4] Advise: faulty mobo or not?

[Z68X-UD4] Advise: faulty mobo or not?
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »
Hello there!

I came here to get some advice concerning my Z68X-UD4-B3 mobo.
From the start I had issues with this motherboard. I had a lot of bootloops, my NIC didn't work well,...

After a BIOS update, most of the bootloops are gone (NOT ALL, still have them!) and since the issue with the NIC didn't get solved. The NIC once in a while stopped working, even after a reboot, it didn't want to work. The only solution was to change the PCI-slot of the NIC and pray it worked there (sometimes I just had a swapping game for one hour), but after that, it worked for a while again. The PC would freeze too if NIC refused to work. So my opinion at first was: faulty NIC, so got it out of my computer.

Not long ago, I bought a wrong NIC for family member his PC and I decided to try it out on my PC, but this NIC did not work AT ALL. It had exactly the same issues as the previous NIC (even thought it was a completely different brand and chipset). The computer even refused to boot once in a while with this NIC. My opinion again was: faulty NIC.

Once in a while, my mouse would just get disconnected (out of nowhere) and reconnected about 5 seconds later. I thought: maybe the mouse is just on the edge of being broke?

Today I tried a USB network adapter (D-link DWA-130). Plugged it in and noticed some USB ports were not working (even thought all drivers are installed!). Tried a different USB port but it didn't not work well. The computer started stuttering (and not even a bit!).

This truly raised my concerns. All these devices did not work properly, alot of bootloops and an instable system raised question marks for me. Isn't it a faulty motherboard? I'm here to ask you people what you think of this. Is it just a coincidence or is it truely a broken mobo?

Just for your information:
All of these issues I am having have been under different Windows versions (7, 8, 8.1) and yes, I did many reinstalls too.

So please, help me out and let me know what you think of this.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: [Z68X-UD4] Advise: faulty mobo or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:30:36 am »
You didn't really say how long you have own it. It does sound like a bad board. Most boards are warranty for 3 yrs.

If you have had it shorter than that and have the sell receipt. You might get it replace and you might not.

I don't know how Gigabyte will handle this. All you can do is try. One other thing you could check to make sure you don't have a bent pin in the CPU socket.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:32:25 am »
Thank you for your answer!
I'm sorry, I indeed forgot to mention that.
I've had the mobo for about 2 years and 6 months now but I have these issues from the beginning.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:39:37 pm »
The thing is if you were having the problems right from the beginning. I would gone to Gigabyte back than.

You could try and email or call Gigabyte to see what they can do. But more likely your board is out of warranty.

I don't know if this will help but here is a link to Tweaktown. GIGABYTE Modified Bios

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »
I thought the problem was caused by the faulty NIC. But, after trying different PCI NIC's and even an USB one, my guess is it's the mobo. I wasn't sure, that is why I came here to ask.