Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bent pins, my fault??? Z87-OC

Re: Bent pins, my fault??? Z87-OC
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 02:15:33 pm »
I' ve got reply from Gigabyte;

Dear Angelos Angelidis,

About your case, people from the relevant department will take it as a special case and arrange a replacement for your. Please return the product to your supplier and local distributor will assist on your case. Meanwhile, Christmas holiday is coming thus the replacement will take some time to process.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Tomorrow I will return the motherboard! I will call first the distributor in Greece to be sure that he is informed.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 12:04:00 pm »
I sent the information asked look what happen.

Dear Angelos Angelidis,

About your case, people from the relevant department will take it as a special case and arrange a replacement for your. Please return the product to your supplier and local distributor will assist on your case. Meanwhile, Christmas holiday is coming thus the replacement will take some time to process.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

What you understand until now? That there will be a replacement.. So i reply to them thanking them;

Thank you very much for taking my problem into your consideration and providing me a very satisfying solution! I would appreciate if the process of replacement wouldn't last too much because already I am without a motherboard for many days. I will call tomorrow the distributor to inform him about the news with my case. Please inform him too so I get a new replacement as fast as possible. Thank you again for the solution!

And look what they reply to me;

We appreciate your understanding that we do not offer “new” replacement on physical damage cases. As mentioned before, normally this kind of physical damage is not covered by warranty, this case will be handle as a special case, we will try to repair this motherboard. Please submit your motherboard to Info Quest and they will help to proceed the case for you.

So i answered;
In the previous reply you said replacement! And if the repair fail? Then what? And if the motherboard is fixed will I have warranty? I think you are taking back what you said showing me how trustworthy you are!

So Gigabyte is taking back what it said! Very trustworthy of them!

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »
The problem is are dealing with the same person or different people. The other things that is board could have been a return in the first place.

Got put back into stock by mistake. You order it and maybe got that return and they not knowing it. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »
Having looked through the thread I think Gigabyte are being very reasonable offering to repair or replace the board in the circumstances.

You will still have warranty support on the replaced part and a working system

Physical damage is generally self inflicted and once the protected cover is removed-drop the cpu or any other component,put the cpu in the wrong way
etc etc and you have physical damage.The socket can also be easily damaged by incorrectly fitting the protective cover again.

I have damaged a socket myself in my early days of system building -its easy to do especially when you are inexperienced.
Ebay is full of boards with damaged sockets.......

I have had good experiences with Gigabyte having purchased a second hand board which was shipped to me with a bent/missing pins and the very generously
repaired the board for me FOC on the other hand I have had asus refuse to repair a non functioning board due to heatsink bracket marks on the underside
of the board with no evidence of physical socket damage.

So Gigabyte warranty service is much better than average imho

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »
Having looked through the thread I think Gigabyte are being very reasonable offering to repair or replace the board in the circumstances.

You will still have warranty support on the replaced part and a working system

Physical damage is generally self inflicted and once the protected cover is removed-drop the cpu or any other component,put the cpu in the wrong way
etc etc and you have physical damage.The socket can also be easily damaged by incorrectly fitting the protective cover again.

I have damaged a socket myself in my early days of system building -its easy to do especially when you are inexperienced.
Ebay is full of boards with damaged sockets.......

I have had good experiences with Gigabyte having purchased a second hand board which was shipped to me with a bent/missing pins and the very generously
repaired the board for me FOC on the other hand I have had asus refuse to repair a non functioning board due to heatsink bracket marks on the underside
of the board with no evidence of physical socket damage.

So Gigabyte warranty service is much better than average imho

If they fix the motherboard will I have warranty?

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 12:45:36 am »
Yes you should have the balance of the warranty from original purchase date.
So if the board fails again it would be replaced or repaired as before.

Regard the repair as an early Xmas present from Gigabyte!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:48:52 am by cjapeterborough »

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 03:14:48 pm »
Yes you should have the balance of the warranty from original purchase date.
So if the board fails again it would be replaced or repaired as before.

Regard the repair as an early Xmas present from Gigabyte!

Gigabyte answered my question about the warranty...

Dear Angelos Angelidis,

Sorry that if the wording had confused you. Since the physical damage is not cover by warranty, we can only try our best to assist you on the repair. For the warranty afterwords, we are afraid that you will have to confirm with Info-Quest SA because the warranty is provided by your supplier.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

The warranty is provided by the supplier? I thought the warranty is provided by the Gigabyte and that's because it is 3 years world wide..

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »
I would be at the point to throw my arms up in the air.  Say screw it and try to fix myself.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »
I would be at the point to throw my arms up in the air.  Say screw it and try to fix myself.

I am one step before it. I am calling everyday Info Quest to ask them if they are informed by Gigabyte about my case. They told me that their product manager has contacted Gigabyte and he is waiting for Gigabyte to reply him. I want to see if the repair is free because in previous conversation Gigabyte said about something "repairing fee" but I reacted to it so maybe it will be free . If not I want to see how much the fee will be.