Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-B75M-D3V USB fail

GA-B75M-D3V USB fail
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »
I have a new GigaByte B75M-D3V, Rev 1.1, with a Pentium g840 CPU and 8 Gig of Ram.

None of the USB ports work. Not the USB 2 ports, nor the USB 3 ones, not the ones on the front of the case, nor the ones on the back. The other ports work (I confess, I don't have devices to test the COM and LPT ports with), as does the LAN.

I can't see USB drives in the BIOS, and I can't use a USB keyboard or mouse. I can use a PS2 Keyboard (the PS2 mouse doesn't work, but it's ancient, and i haven't tested it on any other machines yet, so that could be the mouse, not the board).

The USB ports do run power through them (I can charge devices on them), but the devices aren't recognised. Windows 7 sees the USB hubs and doesn't report any errors, either in Device Manager or anywhere else when I plug a USB device in. I can see two Generic USB Hubs, Two USB Root Hubs, One each of Intel USB 3.0 Root Hub, Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, Intel Series 7/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Controller - 1E2D and ntel Series 7/C216 CHipset Family USB Enhanced Controller - 1E26 in Device Manager, all with no errors.

I've updated all the drivers I can find from Intel and Gigabyte. I've turned off Legacy USB Support in the BIOS and turned it back on.

It's been a fair few years since I last built a PC from scratch, so I am unfamiliar with newer boards, but it seems oddly specific for ONLY the USB ports to go down, and not take anything else with them?

I haven't flashed the BIOS (I would have to get a non-USB optical drive to do this), it's running 10 - the newest is 13, but that is my last step before returning the board, I think. Any suggestions? WOuld flashing the BIOS accomplish anything?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-B75M-D3V USB fail
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:56:55 pm »
Go into the bios and under Peripherals there should be USB2.0 in there. Make sure that you have it enabled.

One other thing make sure you have the USB in the front connected right.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.