Official GIGABYTE Forum

Weird issue with my board and memory, any Help on this please

Weird issue with my board and memory, any Help on this please
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »
Hi, I have a GA-EP43-DS3L mobo and 4 gigs of GSKILL F2-8500CL5D

My issue is I just got back my RMA memory cause 1 stick was not working....I had no issues before with setup for over year now and system always showed my memory of 4 gigs in Vista previously and in WIN 7.............Now after putting in my new memory in the yellow slots I have 4 gigs total again, I boot my PC and it will not boot into WIN 7 but it will boot into WIN XP, however; in XP it only shows I have 1 gig installed!

To be clear I do not overclock and yes my memory settings are at the rated speed where I had them before when my system worked flawlessly for over a year. I did a cmos clear and redid settings and nothing works. Memory is at 1066 as shown in bios and 5 5 5 15 with 2.0 volts default, when i switch to 2.1 volts it does same thing so it isn't the volts.

The odd part is if I use dual channel with 2 sticks in the correct colored channels it will boot to WIN 7 and Xp and show 2 gigs, I did this to the other matched pair in the other colored slots just with 2 sticks and it too boots and works............BUT when I put all 4 in it fails to boot into WIN 7 and only works in XP but will only show 1 gig not the maximum of 3.2gig or so that XP suppose to show....

So is my mobo broke or what? How can my memory work in any channel for dual channel in 2 gig format but not work with all 4 in? It use to work flawlessly.....Perhaps my settings need tweaked I dunno. Please help I am  scratching my head on this one.

My processor is E7200 and a 4850 ati card, these shouldn't matter to my issue but just in-case you asked.

Fatman

Re: Weird issue with my board and memory, any Help on this please
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:10:21 pm »
Try setting your memory at 1000 and see if that helps, don't worry if the SPD shows 667 or 800 because you are manually configuring the speed. Maybe too much on the memory controller with four sticks of ram at 1066.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:13:16 pm by Fatman »