Official GIGABYTE Forum

Please recommend memory for GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R to overclock i7 920 to 4ghz

I was looking at this: OCZ3G1600LV6GK

however the reviews seem pretty bad and unstable even though it's approved on the list.

is there a good value triple channel kit i can find on newegg that's stable and won't hold me back from overclocking? thanks.

ideally i want to spend no more than 170 USD... thank you

I think it's more a matter of personal preference.  OCZ fans stick with OCZ, Mushkin with Mushkin, etc.  I just picked up the mobo yesterday, along with a core i7 930 and OCZ 1800 8-8-8 6GB.  I've used OCZ a lot in the past so I kinda like them, though I was interested in the G.Skill RipJaw 1600C6 or the Mushkin Redline 1600C6.  I couldn't find any in Canada though.  I picked up the OCZ kit for $200Can though, so I'm happy.
I hope I don't hijack your thread, but I'm curious about how to overclock this thing.  The capabilities of this mobo are insane.  I OC'd my last evga 780i pretty easy.  This thing is really complicated.

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
I was looking at this: OCZ3G1600LV6GK

however the reviews seem pretty bad and unstable even though it's approved on the list.

is there a good value triple channel kit i can find on newegg that's stable and won't hold me back from overclocking? thanks.

ideally i want to spend no more than 170 USD... thank you

I like GEIL EVO ONE RAM i have a triple channel 3x1 gig here ddr3 2000 T1 9-9-9-28 GOT OT OCED atthe moment tp ddr3 2160 on same timings:D
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news