Official GIGABYTE Forum

Hi All -- And new build

Hi All -- And new build
« on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »
Wanted to say hi :3

I just orered the parts for my gaming system will be my first Gigabyte board in a build.  It is a uATX Gaming system:

Motherboard: G1.Sniper M5
CPU: Core i7-4770k
RAM: Mushkin Stealth 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR3 1600MHz
VideoCard: PNY Geforce GTX 780Ti
Case: Corsair 350D Window
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
PSU: XFX Pro Series 1000W (Plan to add additional GTX 780Ti's on the next few months)
Optical Drive: LG Bluray Writer
Replacement Fans: 3 x AeroCool Shark 120mm Green LED (Replace the fan on the H60 and add 2 to the top of the case) 1x AeroCool Shark 140mm Green LED (Replace the front case fan)

Everything is getting a Black/Green with some silver highlights. 

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Hi All -- And new build
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:32:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like it will be a nice build for. Don't forget to take some pictures of your build for us all to enjoy. And, if you're feeling really brave, why not post a build/ review of how everything goes.

Don't forget, any problems and somebody here will be more than happy to help with advice and/or guidance.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 03:36:08 pm »
I will most certainly take pics as I build it up!

Now I am just at that OMG waiting stage for parts to arrive!   ;D

Ended up swapping for a different set of Memory when I ordered it. Found the Mushkin Radioactive ram and it will match really nice.  Here is the complete list of the parts I went with

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2OUjc

Replacing the case fans ans the fan on the H60 with the green ones to match the theme :)

Really excited.  This will be the first non Intel Desktop board I will have used.  Pretty much all my systems have been Intel Desktop Boards but now that they are getting out of the market I had to start researching what one I wanted.   And Gigabyte had the total look I wanted Black / Green <3 <3

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 07:07:37 pm »
Looks like it should be a nice build, although I'm not too keen on the black/green theme myself, but that's just a personal thing as I prefer blue/black.

As you're based in the USA don't forget that TweakTown http://forums.tweaktown.com/forum.php offer a lot of support and help for Gigabyte boards/products and it's worth signing up there as well.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:54:00 pm »
Build is done

One change ended up going with Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM (16gb)