Official GIGABYTE Forum

line in audio problems

line in audio problems
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:24:52 am »
I want to connect motherboard sound output to my Home Theatre system using the optical audio output. But I also want the line-in audio to be audible. Why can't I mix the analog line-in with digital audio such as wave audio, MP3, CD or DVD sound? Is this impossible. I don't understand why this doesn't work. After all, it is possible to record the "line in" audio to a WAV file. Why is the sound chip too stupid to put the same audio on the digital output?

nicolatesla

• what, the rabbit?
Re: line in audio problems
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:24:23 am »
I want to connect motherboard sound output to my Home Theatre system using the optical audio output. But I also want the line-in audio to be audible. Why can't I mix the analog line-in with digital audio such as wave audio, MP3, CD or DVD sound? Is this impossible. I don't understand why this doesn't work. After all, it is possible to record the "line in" audio to a WAV file. Why is the sound chip too stupid to put the same audio on the digital output?
Giga GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Phenom II 945 X4, Gskill 4GB, Coolermaster, Sapphire HD4870, Velociraptor HDD, 7 fans, Antec 550+, Acer 24" LCD. "I tried Asus, then I bought a real motherboard."

alforan

Re: line in audio problems
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:23:46 am »
As far as I know, what you want to do was never possible with Realtek stuff.

Monitoring analog input through S/PDIF, I mean.