Official GIGABYTE Forum

cant access bios HELP!

cant access bios HELP!
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:24:49 pm »
hi all first post here recently got a new m atx GB F2A88XM DS2 mobo works great no problems except i cant access bios. During post i tap delete a few tiimes and black screen appears it seems as if it goes to bios but nothing being displayed on screen cant do anything after this have to shutdown and restart upon which i jus let it boot up and no problems. anyone got any ideas or solutions been bugging me for a week now.

Re: cant access bios HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:54:18 pm »
Does your Delete key work when deleting text for example in note pad etc? Maybe a a problem with the keyboard.

Try tapping Function key F2 as soon as you switch on computer, this might get you into the bios without the Del key.

TFisher

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:05:18 pm »
Have you tried a PS2 keyboard. If your using a usb keyboard the ports might be inactive at boot up.

It happens with my board occasionally.
Asus Z270 Prime A/i7- 6700k / Corsair H110/Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250gig/3x Seagate 1tb Storage/16 gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800/Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC/Corsair AX 760i PSU/Logitech Z-5500 Sound/Win 10 x64 /Corsair 780T Case/48" Sony monitor/

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »
What connection are you using for your Monitor? If it is HDMI try using DVI.

Did you enable Fast Boot? If you did try clearing CMOS and resetting BIOS

Is your keyboard wireless? If it is try using a wired one to enter BIOS
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:17:58 pm »
Hi thanks for the replys people and yes delete key works fine dnt have a ps2 keyboard available usb will have to do always worked on my old mobo also using dvi to hdmi for tv connection and no fast boot havent been able to access bios at all to do so used the utilities disc but was no help to me! Tried clearing cmos and now pc will boot up but no post nothing no display on screen just a cursor that doesn't move any more help please!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 12:15:36 pm »
Have you been overclocking at all? Try disconnecting any other devices attached to the computer. You could also try disconnecting the hard drive and see if that will allow you access to thew bios, if you have overclocked anything reset it back to defaults.

Removing the coin shaped battery from your motherboard  for approx 20 mins  should reset your bios/cmos to defaults.