Official GIGABYTE Forum

Anything that I should know when installing my new GA-Z87X-UD3H M/Board?

DaveR

Hi there everybody,

Just bought myself the above board after having had 10 years use on a GA-7N400 Pro 2, running XP, which unfortunately has at last given up the ghost and will anyway not be getting further support in April.
I will be using on the new board an Intel i5-4670 processor, 8Gb, DDR3, 1600mhz Vengeance memory, 3Tb hard drive and Windows 8.1, 64bit OS.
I have connected all the bits up into my existing desktop case, using a new Corsair RM550 PSU, extra fans, but have not as yet turned it on.
Can anyone tell me if there is anything else that I should do other than following the details in the M/B book supplied, ie boot up to BIOS and check settings prior to installing the OS?
Hopefully things will go through without too many hitches.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks

wbear

Do yourself a favor and install Windows 7 instead.  ;)

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Do yourself a favor and install Windows 7 instead.  ;)

He can change it in the bios to support windows 8, but I agree 100% on windows 7. More people have had problems with windows 8 on these Z87 boards too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

DaveR

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I had already bought Windows 8.1 so decided to go ahead with its installation using default settings in the BIOS to start with. It installed without too many hassles, however, I do have problem with "no audio"coming from the back green jack. Otherwise, it is so different to Win 7 and it is going to take some time to understand how to navigate around. Any tips on basics?