Official GIGABYTE Forum

Could someone recommend good ram for GA-P55m-UD4 with i5 750?

Frukoz

First of all, thanks very much for taking the time to look at my post.

I am on my first build and have everything I need apart from the Ram.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55m-UD4 motherboard and am running intel i5 750 processor.

Can anyone please recommend 2x2gb of DDR3 ram for about £80-£90 that would run without any problems on 1.65V?

I am currently looking at the Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800 (8.8.8.24) DDR3

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=4AE5DDAFA5CA7304 (£90 on ebuyer)

I want to be sure that this will work without any problems at the maximum timmings... Has anyone tried this combination?

Any advice is much appreciated!  :)

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
Re: Could someone recommend good ram for GA-P55m-UD4 with i5 750?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:33 am »
First of all, thanks very much for taking the time to look at my post.

I am on my first build and have everything I need apart from the Ram.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55m-UD4 motherboard and am running intel i5 750 processor.

Can anyone please recommend 2x2gb of DDR3 ram for about £80-£90 that would run without any problems on 1.65V?

I am currently looking at the Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800 (8.8.8.24) DDR3

I certainly can try this ram from www.aria.co.uk
G.Skill ECO DDR3 1600mhz cl8 1.35v 4GB kit (2x2GB)

Our review of this product on www.overclockerstech.com will be out later today.

However........

Here is a sneak preview of the conclusion

Conclusion

With an approximate cost of £90 inclusive of VAT from www.aria.co.uk the G.Skill ECO 1600mhz cl8 low voltage kit is something of a steal. Costing similar to many other 1600mhz kits on the market with inferior latencies the ECO kit really does shine. As the ECO kit is considerably cheaper than faster kits yet has only a small hit on performance there should only really be one low voltage ddr3 dual channel kit to consider and this is it. It's not often that a company releases a gem such as this so before long you should expect to see other manufacturers jumping the gun and producing similar kits hopefully to just as a high standard as this.

so try that ram mate

I will post on here again when the review is released

gilgamesh
http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=4AE5DDAFA5CA7304 (£90 on ebuyer)

I want to be sure that this will work without any problems at the maximum timmings... Has anyone tried this combination?

Any advice is much appreciated!  :)
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news