Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA G1.Sniper M3 - very, very weird sound problem

uplink

GA G1.Sniper M3 - very, very weird sound problem
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:21:38 am »
Greetings,

My friend/client is suffering from very weird problem. In Windows, after preyesterdays/yesterdays system update [Windows 7 x64, HP] his VGA and Sound went dead. I uninstalled driver from nvidia [GTX 660 Ti [Asus]] and fixed this one. Though, sound seems to be working just fine. I can even hear the sound via remote [TeamViewer]. Also microphone is working. In system manager, everything "works properly". Drivers are set, updates are up to date. It's the Creative SB Recon onboard soundcard. Even all settings are the same. None of the audio outputs [front/rear] works though. And I cannot see any "sound movement" in the right lower volume bars [fancy green to yellow jumping bars].

Soundcard seems to be working correctly internly, also microphone in works like charm, just can't get a beep from audio output, first, nor second [first two ch. second two. ch] nor front panels,

Any clues?

Kind regards

Bryan

P.S.: All drivers are up to date, and b4 update everything worked like charm, updates of W7x64HP don't do anything with sound, at least it doesn't say so.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:22:09 am by uplink »

Re: GA G1.Sniper M3 - very, very weird sound problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:56:21 am »
same problem here mate ..
but i found something even weird  that if u select the sound system on 5.1 and u connect the jack from the headphones in the middle lower jack u will hear everything but the volume is pretty useless.
At the beginning i was thinking that my sound card is gone and i tried uninstall/reinstall the drivers but without any success. i will be very grateful if someone will provide an answer to this big question.. what went wrong and how can we fix it..

Kind regards,

Mihai

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »
Dont have an explanation but it might be worth trying the latest creative recon3d drivers

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Creative/Audio/Sound-Blaster-Recon3D--and--Recon3Di-PCIe/

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:24:06 pm »
Dont have an explanation but it might be worth trying the latest creative recon3d drivers

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Creative/Audio/Sound-Blaster-Recon3D--and--Recon3Di-PCIe/

The main problem is that my audio card is not pcie but onboard

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

It seems that the problem ( i think ) was the driver that i had previously ( the one from M5 went into a dark place ) and by several things as : reinstall the OS and rollback to an previously state when the update from Microsoft wasn`t ready ( lucky me i did a hole image of my hard ) and unistalling the drivers and then using the one for M3 (that one that in the past made my life a living hell by shuttering and also crashing ) now my sound is back online and now i can use the same port (GREY) for my headphones (pls don`t say again that is the GREEN one BECAUSE IS NOT!!!!) as a coclusion..Even the best fix can crash and now i`ll post the link for the driver http://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mb_driver_audio_creative_7series.exe

I hope that those that had this problem now can breathe easy because i found a way to fix it .. at least for me it did work

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:58:57 pm by pcristian »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:28 pm »
@ pcristian

Sorry I didn't get back to on the PM. But it the start of the Yard Sale time. Then I had to get somebody's printing working.

The thing is that with any hardware it is a NO NO to let windows update it. Yes if you had a computer and windows installed everything from the start.

Then it might be OK. My son in law let windows one time update his video driver. It was hell trying to fix it. I have my updates set to let me know.

Then I'll decide which updates to install. Plus glad you got fix too. You learn by your mistakes. I have had many of them too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:19:34 pm »
@ pcristian

Sorry I didn't get back to on the PM. But it the start of the Yard Sale time. Then I had to get somebody's printing working.

The thing is that with any hardware it is a NO NO to let windows update it. Yes if you had a computer and windows installed everything from the start.

Then it might be OK. My son in law let windows one time update his video driver. It was hell trying to fix it. I have my updates set to let me know.

Then I'll decide which updates to install. Plus glad you got fix too. You learn by your mistakes. I have had many of them too.

NO problem mate, i`m upset that took so much to figure it out and i`m worried about the amount of data wrote on the SSD.. is brand new and i really hope to keep the data wrote to the minimum but today.. it was hell ... oh well for a while i`m gonna keep it this way

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »

I realised that but if you unpack the drivers and then point to the install directory via update driver from device manager)
you should find it will install a later driver just fine...thats what I did for the recon3d driver on the G1 Sniper M3 I have.
The normal install routine for creative looks for the external card and wont let you proceed.