where do I find the bus controller
1 (100%)
how do I install it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

SM Bus Controller GA-78LMT-USB3

SM Bus Controller GA-78LMT-USB3
« on: May 24, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to install the Sm bus controller on this board, I have tried everything. I grabbed a lovely virus off Ebay which wiped all my graphics drivers out  I have reinstalled all these but cant get a bus controller, tried updating the drivers fron gigabyte this didnt work either
thanks in advance

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: SM Bus Controller GA-78LMT-USB3
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »
Which Operating System are you running?

What revision is your motherboard?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »
Which Operating System are you running?

What revision is your motherboard?

I run a duel boot operating system windows xp pro Sp3 and windows 8 , I boot into xp 99% of the time as the hardware and software I use wont work on Windows 8. dont like Win 8 anyway.
the revision is Rev.1 at least this is what is printed on the MB
this all happened when I reinstalled the graphics drivers for my ATI 7700 card . I lost the drivers from an infection via ebay, sound graphics etc pc would boot but I only got a black screen from onboard and card graphics, got mi graphics card operating again but this  SM Bus controller has a yellow ? mark and no ID so goodness knows what it is

MisterEd

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:28:57 pm »
SM bus controller is installed as part of the chipset drivers. You can try to reinstall the chipset drivers from Gigabyte. If that doesn't work you may need to reinstall Window XP and Windows 8 again.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2 (4x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 | Windows 7 Home Prem  64-bit

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:46:21 am »
Can anyone tell me how to install the Sm bus controller on this board, I have tried everything. I grabbed a lovely virus off Ebay which wiped all my graphics drivers out  I have reinstalled all these but cant get a bus controller, tried updating the drivers fron gigabyte this didnt work either
thanks in advance

Thanks I have reinstalled all the chipset drivers etc with no avail, I have had trouble with this board since I bought it a few months ago, even running a single operating system, so its back to good old MSI never had any problems with their boards, thanks all

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:51:28 am »
thanks in advance

Thanks I have reinstalled all the chipset drivers etc with no avail, I have had trouble with this board since I bought it a few months ago, even running a single operating system, so its back to good old MSI never had any problems with their boards, thanks all

After hours of trying to find and install the Bus controller for this board I finally accomplished it.
The driver can be found in Motherboard drivers/ chipset/packages/drivers/SBdrivers/SMbus/XP. 
you will have to update driver from device manager to install it, do it manually automatic wouldnt work for me, just search to find the driver and instal it. It wouldnt instal automaticallly

Avani

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 07:09:17 pm »
I grabbed a lovely virus off Ebay

Internet is full of viruses, malware, adware, etc. Drivers are not a big problem comparing with encrypted by cryptowall files.

I use AVG antivirus + malwarebytes and still caught nasty adware - http://soft2secure.com/knowledgebase/search-protect-conduit.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »
Have you try to do it from device manager. Download it from Gigabyte unzip it and then from device manager point it to the folder.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.