Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87X users experiencing problems read this.

Z87X users experiencing problems read this.
« on: May 29, 2014, 05:20:57 am »
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum but I have been lurking here for a while, I had a z87x-ud3h with the same issues as most users. Memory problems, restarting loop, bsod during gaming, bsod during prime/stress tests.

I contacted gigabyte support  and over a couple of emails they told me to basically nothing I did not know. They said it was my ram that was incompatible, so I bought new and expensive 2x8GB tridentX 2400mhz ram. Installed I got the booting loop, which when i finally got into windows and 15 minutes of gaming I got a bsod.

Getting pretty pissed off, I went to my local pc shop and they started testing the rig. Each piece of hardware was tested but they found that the mobo kept bsod/slowing down etc etc.

So I called gigabyte, after 2 hours on the phone i finally get through to a tech that sounded very foreign and very disinterested in his job. After another hour or so on the phone he finally admitted that "alot of the z87x motherboards have problems with blue screening and that I should return the board to get RMA'd"

So if you are having issues with your board boot looping and/or blue screening return it, their silence and the technical department at gigabyte is usually pretty quick to say you should rma but not with this board. It is a latent defect in some of the motherboards and I can guarantee there will not be a fix for it soon or ever.

If they will replace the damn thing is another question, but if the new motherboard bsod on me ONCE i will return it to sender and request a full refund. Luckily I am covered by law.

They clearly do not want the rma's to get out of hand, so they are dodging any question that the board is the culprit. So call them out on their product and send it back with an typed out and singed document with your issues and that it is time for them to address them or refund you. Sadly unless we all act we will not get any satisfaction  :-\

A list of issues I have had with this motherboard:

Boot loop, it happens randomly from cold boots.
BSOD during gaming but can happen randomly
system stability test will bsod with a hal.dll error
usb3 issues

friend on a much cheaper asrock board with similar configuration just and 4670k  and he has not had ONE bsod and I am in over $250 replacing ram that were perfectly fine!

System:

i7 4770k
z87x-ud3h
16gb 1600 team dark (Replaced with 2400 gskill tridentx 2400)
2x vertex 3 120gb ssd's
2 x 2TB seagate hdd
1x 3tb western digitan green
1 x 7970 BE XFX
1x corsair hx 1000w

Cheers,

Passthesella

klemy

Re: Z87X users experiencing problems read this.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »
GA-Z87-HD3 - have a bigger issue. I can start just whith 1 dimm memory 
I instal my components and my sistem not start. First sign from motherboard - continuous short beep and self restarting after 10 or 15sec. After a short break i manage to start just whith a single memory installed.
memory  - ballistix sport - 8GB kit.
You know if  is a memory compatibility issue. Some good advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdXYIFSP8yo&feature=youtu.be