Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87X-OC + 4770k = no reaction to POWER buttons

GA-Z87X-OC + 4770k = no reaction to POWER buttons
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:21:37 pm »
Hope you're able to help. Here's the story:

- PC isn't turning on. I mean: I press POWER button on case, I press POWER button on mainboard - no reaction.
- Fans are spinning only for a split second after pressing POWER. No other reaction: no beeps, no codes on debug LED.
- LED on mainboard (I mean: orange light on POWER button) is on - of course when PSU is on. So I deduce that PSU still gives the current to the mainboard.
- The machine is turning on finally after 15, maybe 20 attempts. As I observed: I must turn off the PSU, then turn it on, wait 30-45 seconds and then press POWER.
- When PC is running - I mean: after start of OS and in very Windows - everything works fine: no resets, no BSODs etc. It reboots normally too.
- I already tried to remove some components and to turn on my PC without them: HDDs, graphic card etc. Check all the cable connections too - I see no effects & no correlations.
- I did reset UEFI different ways: resetting CMOS, remove CMOS battery - all the "standard repertoire". Still no effects & no correlation.

IMPORTANT THING: before the problem occured, I hadn't changed anything in configuration or in UEFI. I had simply turned off my PC, then came back after 2-3 days of absence and tried to turn on PC again - then the issue occured.

List of basic components:
MAINBOARD: Gigabyte Z87X-OC (UEFI F8 is up-to-date)
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
RAM: 2x8GB Patriot Viper3 1866 MHz
GRAPHIC CARD: Asus Radeon HD7750
PSU: Tagan TG430-U15 (430W)
with 1xSSD, 5xHDD

Still no idea what's going on. PSU is in agony? Mainboard? Any other answers?
Thanks in advance :-)

pendaws

Re: GA-Z87X-OC + 4770k = no reaction to POWER buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:23:13 pm »
I think you need a BIGGER PSU. This board requires a 8 pin plug, a 4 pin plug and an extra 6 pin plug if you want to run MORE than 1 video card.
You might be better off with about 700+W and check if it has the plugs on it.