Official GIGABYTE Forum

Continuous beeps on GA-EX58-UD3R

Continuous beeps on GA-EX58-UD3R
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:35 am »
My PC has been running fine for months. This morning I switch it on at I get continuous fast beeps (too many to count) for about 12 seconds and then 12 seconds silence and they it starts again.

Does this indicate a power problem - do power problem beeps cycle?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Continuous beeps on GA-EX58-UD3R
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:03:06 am »
Hello there, normally continuous short beeps do indicate a power issue and they can cycle.
Can you give a little more info on your set-up and also if you have tried to O/C your rig?

Cheers
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:41 am »
Thanks for the info.

I've got a i7-920 - Not O/C
GA-EX58-UD3R
ODIN GT 800W PSU
3 x 2GB Ram
ATI Radeon 4800 GPU
DVD Writer
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Heatsink
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:19:43 am by gregmcc »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:58 am »
Is it possible for you to swap out the PSU or test it?
With this kind of problem I would start there especially as you say everything has been running fine until now.

The other thing to check is that everything is seated properly. Make sure that all the mobo connectors are pressed home properly (it seems stupid but even without moving a PC around they can come loose).

If you have tried this then it becomes a little harder as you will need to try and find out what else is causing the problem. My second port of call would be the graphics card (usually continuous long beeps show if there is a fault here). Take it out and make sure the contacts are clean and look OK then re-seat it.

If the problem persists then do the same with the memory. Take out all the sticks and replace them one at a time (rebooting with each individual stick)

I know it is frustrating but don't try and do all of this at once. Do one thing at a time until you can find the fault, or at least narrow it down.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 06:34:09 am »
Turns out it is a faulty 2GB memory module. I removed them one at a time and after moving the modules to different slots, looks like one of the modules is dead.