Official GIGABYTE Forum

No POST after BIOS flash GA-P35C-DS3R

No POST after BIOS flash GA-P35C-DS3R
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:17:28 am »
Hi all, I've requested a RMA but while its being processed I may as well ask if anyone has resolved a similar problem.
You can skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to read too much ;)

Had this board for a while but never used it, Recently brought some components to build it up.
Intel Q9300, OCZ DDR3 platinum, ATI 4890, 700W PSU
All built up and started to install Windows Vista x86 and it would start installing about a 5~10 minutes in then it would hang.
Tried XP pro too would also hang part way into the install.

Then thinking hardware issue, so ran some tests using Eurosoft PC check  and also windows memory diagnostic(WMD).
PC check failed some tests in the memory diagnostics.
Then in WMD it showed that the first DDR3 sticks had a problem. But to prove it was the memory I swapped the sticks around and retested.
But the same slot showed an error! So its the motherboard? Anyway I thought maybe it just needed a BIOS update instead of RMA'ing it.

So off I go downloading the latest firmware patch(F12 ), Finding a floppy disk it hardwork you know! Anyway in Q-flash everything seemed fine it was successful until the reboot. NO POST!, NO beeps, The fans are on PSU stays on drives spin up etc. Nothing on screen though.
Tried clearing the CMOS, leaving in the minimum amount of components etc.
Any suggestions?

Regards
Tony
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:20:16 am by Tontonly »

Fatman

Re: No POST after BIOS flash GA-P35C-DS3R
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:55 am »
Seems you have bricked your board with a bad bios flash. You could try RMA good luck! :)

Re: No POST after BIOS flash GA-P35C-DS3R
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:46:02 am »
Absolutely right but thought there may be some trick in getting out of this 'state'.
Was on their official website and the firmware patch was correct for my board too.

Unusual to brick something with the correct firmware, unless it was an incomplete flash. but flashed was succesful!
Oh well will possibly need to wait the RMA to be processed.

regards