Official GIGABYTE Forum

990FXA-UD3 rev4 - Dolby home theater - Audio enhancements issue

990FXA-UD3 rev4 - Dolby home theater - Audio enhancements issue
« on: October 11, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »
So as i mentioned above , my sound is kindly broken

i have a set of Logitech z506 speakers (5.1) connected with the 3.5mm jacks to my Mobo
After a fresh install of my Win7 Ultimate 64bit ,my speakers work only as Stereo (2.1) mode , even if they are set to work as 5.1(rear speakers dont play any sound).However every speaker seems to work 100% ,if i click on it, at the Realtek HD Device Manager.   ???
If i try to  change my audio device from Speakers to TV or Headset, an error comes up that says

'Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems ,
                               Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

And i have to click ''yes'' or ''no'' in order to disable my audio enhancements which is the Dolby Theater v4 that comes with the Driver
The fact is that Dolby doesnt work either way

I uninstalled/installed both drivers from the CD and from the official website of Gigabyte and Realtek's website but this didn't solve the problem  :'( :'( :'(
My bios is F2 Version

The strange thing is that the day before i reinstalled my OS everything was working flawlessly without any problem....   :-\

Any help for solving this ,would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance for your time

Re: 990FXA-UD3 rev4 - Dolby home theater - Audio enhancements issue
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »
Case solved !!!!

I reinstalled another version of Windows 7 64 bit and now everything runs nice and smooth !!