Official GIGABYTE Forum

Slow performance problems with GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Slow performance problems with GTX 970 G1 Gaming
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:48:41 pm »
Hi.

I'm having a lot of troubles with gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970. I have connected a monitor to one of the dvi display ports (DVI-I) and a HDTV to the HDMI. The first time I executed my games it worked flawlessly but then I tried running my games with multiple screen duplicatting the desktop (no extended and no surround image turned on, only duplicate screen in Windows 8.1 screen resolution manager) and the games performed slow and with a lot of lag. Ghost monitor appeared to me sometimes, but the most annoying thing that is happening to me is the performance slowdown I'm suffering since the first time I turned on the TV. If I disconnect one of the cables, reboot the OS (Windows 8.1 Pro N) it solves it sometimes, but If I turn off the computer and turn on again I suffer the same problem. Furthermore I started to try different solutions, changing the connections (from the DVD-D to de DVI-I and viceversa), the order of the monitors, etc. And I found that none of that matter because if I only have one connected cable and It's the first startup it also happens. The cables, monitor and TV are ok because they worked propertly in my old computer. I'm worried that my videocard is broken but if it is why it works ok sometimes and another ones no. I didn't find the true reason of it.

My system is as follows (is a new computer):
- Intel core i7 4790
- 16 GB RAM DDR3 1600 Mhz
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97 Motherboards
- Samsung 840 EVO Series 250 GB
- Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 OC Windforce 4 GB GDDR5 (Last Geforce drivers 344.16)
- Windows 8.1 Pro N (Updated to current date)

Games tested:
- Crysis 3
- Skyrim
- Far Cry 3

As I said, when I turn on the computer these games run slow and laggish, but rebooting the system sometimes solves the problem and the games run at a superb performance (Crysis 3 Ultra setting with and average of 60 FPS). I checked that CPU Integrated graphics is disabled in the BIOS.