Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-D3H won't wake up from sleep with TPM enabled on F18 bios

derobert

Hi, i recently installed Gigabyte TPM Module (GCTPMR-00-G) for use with Windows 8.1 Bitlocker function. I upgraded bios to F18i for audio fix and secure option boot. The problem with sleep is:

I put computer to sleep then when i want to wake up I press power/mouse/keyboard and it powers on and then hangs, fans, hard disks are running but screen is black (no signal in monitor) and thats it, nothing more happens. I tried both PCIe graphic card and integrated Intel HD card, same thing. Then i disabled TPM module in BIOS and sleep works again so it is definietly BIOS related problem.

I downgraded bios to F16 and it works but i dont want to use F16 bios for 3 reasons:
1. F16 dont have secure boot option
2. I have universal card reader in my case plugged to motherboard usb port and every boot bios waits about 10 seconds searching for boot devices in this card reader, its annoying and cant be turned off. (This is case for another topic, F16 bios is bugged and wont remember some settings after save & restart).
3. As in point 2: F16 is buggy, some settings are not saved after "save & reboot" (in F18 this settings works ok)

So, are there any fixes for that? I dont want to use F16 bios, i want to use F18 bios.

I also tried F18g and tried beta F18k but its only worse, at return from sleep computer does continous restart loop.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:31:00 pm by derobert »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z77X-D3H won't wake up from sleep with TPM enabled on F18 bios
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 05:17:38 pm »
A lot of your problems are from windows 8.1. I know you what to use windows 8.1 and some people are not having problems. Windows 8.1 is having it's own problems. But you might just have to wait till they fix it.

You can try to email them to see if they can help. But your board is getting too old for a bios update. The last update was almost a year ago. On the secure boot thing I would not have that running on my computer.

Till I really have to use it where I can't turn it off. Then I will have to use it. I will not let Microsoft and the MB companies tell me what I can run or not run on my computer.

I'm sorry I'm not really helping here but it is windows 8.1 That is the real problem SORRY. If you really look you are not the only person having the problem with the sleep. But the thing it is only windows 8 that is having the problem.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=14957.0

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=14446.0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 05:22:31 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

derobert

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »
Hey, i know there are some issues with sleep on Win 8.1 but mine is 100% bios related because on F16 it works and on F18 dont. When i Disable TPM module it works, when i enable it, it stops working ;) Well, i thought so that my board is too old for update...

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »
Hi, don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm having exactly the same issue here.

Am currently running F20e, and the computer will refuse to wake from sleep; the computer will power on from standby to just a blank screen. Hard disk spins up, but no USB devices come online and it never returns to the operating system. This is only when TPM is enabled in BIOS. Operating system is Windows 7. When the TPM is enabled, and on first boot from cold, all the TPM features function as expected. Except from waking from sleep.

Don't want to have to upgrade my entire system just to enable TPM support, or downgrade to F16 because that was a very bugged bios. I think we can all agree that in this day and age, we should expect support from the vendor to ensure that the BIOS operates properly when a TPM module is enabled, despite the age of the board.

I am using an ASUS branded Infineon TPM module (TPM 1.2 compatible).

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:46:21 pm »
You ever watch shark tank one of the guys says when he doesn't want to talk some body any more. He says you are dead to me. Well that is what Gigabyte feels about older boards they are dead to them Sorry.

By looking at the last bios update it is 2 yrs ago. They are having too many problems with the Z170 series to even think about working a board that is almost 4 yrs old. Most MB companies will stop doing updates after about two yrs.

Yes I know you are having a problem but it has been like this as long as I have been with computers and that is about 30 yrs. Just asking were you having problems that you had to update the bios? Or you just updated it because they were there.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.