Official GIGABYTE Forum

Computer stuttering/extreme slowdown/audio distortions

Computer stuttering/extreme slowdown/audio distortions
« on: January 18, 2015, 07:07:16 pm »
Hey, Toms Hardware and OC.net were pretty unresponsive so im going to see if maybe the gigabyte community knows whats gone awry with my rig. Recently i built a new pc, after assembling it i was confronted with (or more spammed with) that dreaded nvidia error in my event messenger and incessant stuttering/audio distortion no matter what i was doing. I rma'd the card and purchased an ati card; a tri x r9 290 to be specific. Well the moment i booted up the pc i knew there was still and issue- but subtly different. Now i can browse well enough, but games run abysmally UNLESS i reinstall my driver every time i reboot. I actually managed to fabricate a faster work around in the form of copying and pasting/deleting my omega driver file and then rebooting and games ran wonderfully afterwards. Unfortunately the fix no longer works for some reason or other. Ive run driver sweeper, exchanged my gpu, etc etc. I am at my wits end and would be eternally grateful for some sort of worthwhile assistance and i was thinking that the culprit is either a defective mobo or my hdd. I have a z97x gaming 5 mobo, please if anyone knows how to rectify this i would be eternally grateful if you were to post here. '

ps; ive run several hdd/cpu/memory diagnostics and they all came up clean.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Computer stuttering/extreme slowdown/audio distortions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »
Recently i built a new pc, after assembling it i was confronted with (or more spammed with) that dreaded nvidia error in my event messenger and incessant stuttering/audio distortion no matter what i was doing.

I rma'd the card and purchased an ati card; a tri x r9 290 to be specific.

I was thinking that the culprit is either a defective mobo or my hdd.

You have what tried 3 or 4 different video cards. Plus to different brand Ati & Nvidia with the basically the same problem.

What OS ? and it is more likely the MB or the Hard drive. To take the hard drive out of the picture is try another drive. Now you are down to CPU, memory & MB.

But it is more likely the board because you are have problems with video and sound. Plus have you tried the on board video. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 07:53:17 pm »
I have not tried the onboard GPU since the first gpu, ill give that a whirl just to narrow things down ill update in just a moment

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 08:16:42 pm »
Alight i reverted to my integrated gpu and it seems to excacerbate the issue; desktop is nigh unusable and there is severe slowdown. What could this be?"

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:03:28 pm »
Anyone?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 04:55:50 am »
Sorry I have been busy building a Civil War desk for somebody. How that you took the video cards out of the picture. You could have a bad board or a bad CPU. Because when you used the on board GPU you are using the CPU.

The other thing is memory and how many sticks do you have. Use one stick at a time and swapping them out to make sure the memory is fine. Plus did you try another HDD too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:23 am »
. I actually managed to fabricate a faster work around in the form of copying and pasting/deleting my omega driver file and then rebooting and games ran wonderfully afterwards. Unfortunately the fix no longer works for some reason or other.

I was just about to post quite similar issue. Same board, R9 285 GPU. Basically after cold boot GPU performance is crap. Games are stuttering, hd vids are stuttering etc. However after reboot everything is fine.

I've created a post on Saphire forum with some screengrabs. Is your PC behaving in a similar way? LINKY
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:43:12 am by morbidflorist »

Tiger

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 07:30:10 pm »
Based on your thread from Tom's Hardware, I can see that your power supply does not meet the minimum system requirements for powering your video card.

Your description of your memory, 4x2 G skill F3 DDR 3 ram, is overbroad. Perhaps you could list the G. Skill part number or post a link to the memory you are using.
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini