Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) problem with sound card...

Balema

GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) problem with sound card...
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:23:44 am »
I am very dissapointed with this motherboard, when I bought it I went and installed one Creative sound card via PCI and immediately the sound card wasn't working and the connection with the internet (wire) was disconnected. When I put out the sound card internet connection was back. I went to the store and told them that the motherboard has problem and they told me that the sound card was the problem. Now I decided and bought a new Creative sound card (PCI Express this time) and again the same. The internet connection is disconnected. The thing is that now I don't even have warranty for the motherboard. So please, any help would be appreciated to solve my problem. I am not sure but I thing in the first sound card it was giving me an irq message, this time for now because I just installed the sound card it doesn't give me yet (I haven't installed the drivers of Creative yet).

Balema

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) problem with sound card...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:26:00 pm »
The network adapter isn't found from Windows, that is why I don't have Internet, when I put out the new Creative sound card from the motherboard the network adapter is back in action, any suggestions? Please somenone help...

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:56 pm »
What bios are you running? Have you tried it all of the Pci-e slots too. What OS are you running?

This is why I don't use sound calls because of the troubles they bring to the table. One thing are you disabling the sound in the bios.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Balema

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »
I finally solved it, I tried the second LAN that the motherboard has and all are OK now, thx anyaway!