Official GIGABYTE Forum

RAID-mode + PCIE Card on GA-Z97MX Gaming5

KyrreS

• Collaborate and Anahilate!
RAID-mode + PCIE Card on GA-Z97MX Gaming5
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:42 am »
Hi.

I'm trying to install Win8.1 on a computer with this motherboard. I have a OCZ Revodrive X2 in the PCIEX4 slot and I have 3 Intel 2,5" SSD's on the onboard SATA3 controller.

If I have sata-config set to ACHI I can install Windows to the OCZ Revodrive.
If I have sata-config set to RAID, I can no longer install to the Revodrive (I can find the drive under installation-process but Windows reports it as "un-usable").

This is how I have had it set up on several motherboards (with the same SSD's / PCIE drive), ever since socket 1366 (about 5 years now..) but for some reason I cant seem to do it like this now.

Does anybody know how I can have SATA-config set to RAID (so I can set up an raid-array on my 2,5" SSD's) and still be able to install Windows on my PCIE OCZ Revodrive X2 (keep this as primary drive).

Thanks for any help.
Ryzen 5900X | RTX 3080 | Custom loop

Re: RAID-mode + PCIE Card on GA-Z97MX Gaming5
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:50:02 am »
You need to install your boards RAID driver. those can be found on the gigabyte product page.
DL and install the driver during windows setup and your drive will be found

PS: Before starting setup, do not forget to actually setup the raid before your PC starts loading windows (Ctrl + F), it'll prompt you to press that or similar key combination to enter the RAID configuration.

Cheers